Current Job Listings
Experienced Professional Expeditor
AirFreight.com is a leading provider of expedited freight services both ground and air offering our customers industry leading solutions to provide fast, dependable and fully managed expedited freight services. As a freight broker we provide sprinter van, straight truck, scheduled air freight and air charter services point to point via dedicated vehicles. The vast majority of our inbound calls and quotes are from businesses that require immediate same day or next day pick up for their commercial freight.
Our growing company is seeking to hire an experienced commission-based expeditor for inbound telephone and email inquiries and to provide premium expedited freight management. You will be in charge of managing your sales and accounts by developing customer relationships, meeting planned goals, and coordinating with our management team to convert leads into customers. You will also be tasked with being the single point of contact for your customers, overseeing freight delivery, billing and invoicing and providing accurate and timely data for our marketing efforts. The key to success is converting customers into repeat business where we become their ‘go-to’ provider for expedited services. You’ll be joining a team of leading industry professionals who look to provide value to the premium services that we offer.
Exceptional communication skills (both oral and written) coupled with a solid understanding of logistics and the expedite industry is required. The ability to think on your feet, be adaptable and display proven multi-tasking ability make you the ideal candidate.
Previous experience in a sales-related role in expediting is required.
Professional Expeditor Responsibilities:
- Provide phone coverage and constant email monitoring during scheduled hours handling inbound calls and quotes forms generated via our websites
- The ability to provide accurate quotes that account for current market conditions, distance and vehicle used
- Use of Sylectus for freight management
- Select carrier to provide services
- Provide customer support for entirety of delivery process and develop ongoing relationships
- Manage account records and customer payments
Professional Expeditor Requirements:
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of logistics with an emphasis on urgent freight via dedicated vehicles
- Air Freight and Air Charter experience strongly preferred
- Strong mathematic and geography skills
- Consultative approach to customer service with the ability to assess a situation fully and provide winning solutions in an organized and rapid fashion
- Disciplined approach to procedures and excellent attention to detail
- Works well under pressure and understands pro-active approach to customer management in real-time and in general
- Self-starter, organized and a creative thinker. Your success is contingent upon your ability to confidently provide solutions for emergency freight needs.
- Flexible approach to hours worked, overnight freight management coverage will be required at times.